We value the privacy of all individuals, including our customers, and pay close attention to the management of personal information, which we handle as follows:
1.Name of the Business Operator
Nikkei Events Pro Co., Ltd.
2.Personal Information Protection Officer and Contact Details
Takao Nakahata, Senior Managing Director in charge of Management (Personal Information Protection Officer)
JR Kanda Manseibashi Bldg., 1-25, Kanda-sudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0041, Japan
Phone: +81-03-6812-8753 E-mail：email@example.com
3.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will endeavor to acquire and use, in an appropriate manner, the personal information entrusted to us by our customers in relation to the performance of any business entrusted to us, personal information that we acquire ourselves, and the personal information of our employees, within the scope necessary to achieve the following purpose of use. We will never utilize such personal information for any purpose other than its purpose of use.
Personal information entrusted to us by our customers
- (1) For the planning, operation, and implementation of various events, such as exhibitions and seminars, that have been entrusted to us by the customer.
- (2) For the management of personal information associated with requests for materials in connection with various projects that have been entrusted to us by the customer.
- (3) For other work that has been entrusted to us by the customer.
Personal information that we acquire ourselves
*We will respond to requests for the disclosure of your personal information. Please refer to “6. Requests for the Disclosure of Personal Information” for further details.
- (4) In order to provide information about various events, such as exhibitions and seminars, services and campaigns, etc., organized/offered by our company and other Nikkei Group companies.
- (5) To confirm registration for various member services organized by our company and to manage the provision of services.
- (6) For the purposes of personnel labor management, work management, health management, and security management of our employees.
- (7) For the purposes of recruitment management and to contact applicants.
Joint use of the personal information of our employees
(8) We will share the e-mail addresses of our employees with other Nikkei Group companies.
- a）Items of personal information to be used jointly: Name, employee e-mail address, affiliated department.
- b）Scope of joint users: Affiliates listed in the Nikkei Events Pro company information and others.
- c）Purpose of use by joint users: For business correspondence.
- d）Person responsible for the management of jointly-used personal information:
Personal Information Management Officer of Nikkei Events Pro Co., Ltd.
- e）Method of acquisition: We will send e-mail addresses to be jointly used by each Group company to the relevant department of Nikkei Inc. in accordance with our company regulations. We will adhere to the safety management measures prescribed in our regulations when delivering personal information.
4.Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will never provide personal information to any third party except in the following cases:
- (1) When the customer wishes to receive information from third-party companies and organizations, such as the sponsors of events and member services, and has consented to the provision of their personal information to that third party for that purpose.
- (2) Whenever necessary for the personnel labor management, business management, health management and security management of our employees provided that the individual has given their consent.
- (3) Whenever required by laws and ordinances.
- (4) When necessary to protect human life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- (5) When particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the healthy growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- (6) When necessary for cooperating with a state organization, a local government, an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the individual could impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
5.Entrusting of Personal Information
We may entrust the personal information of our customers to a third party, depending on the business to be performed. In this case, we will take all measures to protect the personal information, including selecting a contractor who has established a management system to facilitate the proper protection of personal information and establishing a non-disclosure agreement, such as an “MOU on personal information” or the like, with that contractor.
6.Request for the Disclosure of Personal Information
Customers may request the disclosure (i.e., notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction/addition/deletion of content, suspension of use, erasure, suspension of provision to third parties) of their personal information. We will respond to such requests within a reasonable period after first verifying the identity of the customer.
*Please refer to the “Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, etc. of Personal Data” on our website for details about how to make a request for disclosure.
7.Consent to the Provision of Personal Information and Consequences of Non-Provision
Your choice to provide your personal information to our company is entirely optional, however, please note that we may be unable to properly provide you with services if we have not received the items of personal information that we require.
8.Acquisition of Personal Information in a Manner that the Individual Cannot Easily Recognize
We will never “acquire personal information in a manner that the individual cannot easily recognize.
9. Our Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
We are a covered entity of the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC), which is an authorized personal information protection organization based on the provisions of Article 47, paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. JIPDEC also handles complaints and inquiries concerning our handling of personal information.
Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC)
[Contact for complaints]
Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office, JIPDEC
2F Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
Phone: +81-3-5860-7565 or 0120-700-779
[Inquiries and Consultation Service]
Please direct any inquiries and complaints about personal information to the following contact: Personal Information Protection Officer, Nikkei Events Pro Co., Ltd.
Phone: +81-3-6812-8753 (Business hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.)